Thursday, September 23, 2010

Nashville, my new home!

So I finally did it, I completed my life long dream of moving to Music City, USA: Nashville, TN.
As a musician I've dreamed of this day for many years. I've dreamed of singing on the Grand Ole Opry and working my way through the honky-tonks of broadway. With a city that is run on the ever changing music industry, where everyone has awkward work schedules, there is always something to see and do. The downtown area is always bustling  even on Sunday and Monday evenings which was unheard of back home.

What is most amazing to me is the creative spirit that takes over this town.  Almost everyone here is an artist in some way or form and it really shows in the love and support that artists get in this community. Any night of the week you can find a new art show or album release party and everyone in the city comes out to support its artists!

One of my very favorite places in town is Hillsboro Village. This village sets close to the Vandebilt campus and has many fun boutiques and art shops. It reminds me of a little Etsy village there all always fun things to see, do and buy here. And if you are there make sure you stop at the famous Pancake Pantry to a meal!

For some country gal inspired duds check out these Etsy items!



1 comment :

  1. Good for you for following your dreams and good luck!!!

    Hope too see you my way!
    :)maureen

    ReplyDelete