Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Boo at the Zoo - Day Date

Shawn and I have been meaning to make a day date at the Bronx zoo for the last couple of months and have been failing but we FINALLY made it this weekend! I've always loved going to zoos, not only because it is something fun while getting a bit of exercise but its a great place to learn and no matter how many times I go, I always learn something new. To make matters even better, it was all decked out for Halloween, which made the experience that much better! Did I tell you I adore fall?




Love this dude


The peacock sat next to us the entire time we ate lunch. My biggest triumph is when he ate french fries out of my hand. Potentially stupid move? Maybe but it was totally worth it.



They have a costume parade twice a day which is lead by some of these awesome costumes and they all try to get the kids to chant as they parade through the zoo. I have to say, I don't know if I've ever seen so much cuteness in one place.








We sat an watched the sea lions for around 30 minutes. I realized that they are potentially one of the funniest animals alive. We got there about 20 minutes before feeding time and you could tell they knew that time of day. They kept jumping out of the water and calling out at the gate where the trainer comes in. Watching them interact with each other but also with the trainers once they got there was incredibly enjoyable.



And lastly, I figured since this is also a fashion blog, I'd show a little outfit post. My day to day style is very casual and I LOVE flannel in the fall. This is a gorgeous 1970s flannel that just found a home in CA but you can find the sister shirt that I found with it, here. Other than that, just my cheap skinny jeans from forever 21, my fave brown boots and my grandmother's petoskey stone necklace.



No comments :

Post a Comment